Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rainy Day Blahs

Today it is raining. It's been raining a LOT lately which, overall, isn't bad, but it's leading to everyone feeling a little dreary, I think. I'm a little dreary today because I have a headache, it's gray and rainy out, and because I got some disappointing news last night. Now, this news isn't anything tragic or life shattering, thank goodness, but just something that I was really excited for that isn't going to happen anymore. I'll live, I'll get over it, but it's lingering right now. I hate the lingering, because my brain likes to forcibly make me remember what it is that is bothering me a bunch before letting go of it.

On a more positive note, I did tape and prime our kitchen last night. We're starting to repaint the inside of our house. When we moved in, both Nick and I were happy with all of the current colors so we didn't do any repainting at that time. Now it's just time to freshen up, and I'm really excited to see how it looks! I've already done the upstairs bathroom and am really pleased with how it turned out. The color I picked for the kitchen, "Glass Tile", is a really pretty blue-green color. I have been putting off tackling the kitchen project because it seems like it's a big job, but last night something just got into me and I started taping. Then, after I put Austin to bed and Nick head to work, I decided I might as well start priming. Then once I started, I knew I wanted to finish the priming! So now we're ready to paint the actual color, except that I need to pick up a few more rollers. I'm resolving to have the color painted and the whole kitchen done by the end of the day this Monday, which I have off from work!

Next up on the repainting front? Maybe Austin's room! I haven't purchased any other paint yet, except for the trim/neutral color that goes on several walls. We'll see what strikes me next!

No comments: