Monday, May 10, 2010

Procrastination Station

I know, I should blog more. But I haven't been. But now I feel like doing it, so here you go!

It's May 10, and my heater was working it's little butt off this weekend! Note to nature: My heater should NOT be running in May, for goodness' sake! Yesterday was warmer, so the heat didn't kick in during the day, but Saturday? All day long it came on! Ridiculous!

I had a nice Mother's Day weekend. Incidentally, isn't it really Mothers' Day and not Mother's Day? Isn't it more than just one mother's day? I feel as though I'm committing grammar fraud every time I type "Happy mother's day!" somewhere. For the sake of this post, I'm going with the potentially incorrect Mother's, okay?

On Saturday, Austin and I ran many errands. We had lunch out together at Fazoli's using his free kid's meal coupon that he got for his birthday. My boy wanted mac and cheese and he got...fettucini alfredo, or "white mac and cheese", as I called it for his sake! He loved it! We also did a little shopping for me and got some groceries. I'm so proud of Austin because he alerted me each time he had to go to the bathroom and had no accidents! Incidentally, the bathrooms at Lane Bryant, Fazoli's, and Meijer all could use a little cleaning, especially in Lane Bryant where I completely whacked my forehead on a shelf after we washed our hands!

I tried to convince my son to take a nap when we got home from our multi-stop shopping trip, but he was having none of it. Nick woke up to take Austin shopping for my Mother's (hate it) Day gift around 4:30, and decided that they'd have dinner out at Denny's, just for fun! I think this was also part of my Mother's Day gift -- the gift of three solid hours of the house to myself! I enjoyed it, and also spent a part of it doing a little laundry and scooping the cat litter. Nice.

On Sunday, the actual Mother's Day holiday, Austin and I hung out again and did a few more errands. Nick and Austin had gotten me a really pretty necklace/bracelet combo that they'd given me the night before, but I wanted to try to exchange it for something a little less fancy so that I can get more use out of it. Alas, Bergner's had nothing I wanted and I couldn't even return it because I didn't have Nick's credit card with me, so the trip was almost for nothing. I say almost, because Austin discovered his LOVE of riding the escalator! It's was like our own personal (free!) carnival ride, and we rode that thing up and down at least a dozen times while shopping! We even walked over to Macy's to check out their jewelry selection and ride their escalator which was, I'm sorry to say, a bit more dog run than the Bergner's escalator.

For dinner on Sunday, Nick picked up Famous Dave's takeout and we all enjoyed a delicious BBQ meal at home! We were going to watch a movie together, but we ran out of time, so we're saving it for this week. I'm a pretty lucky mommy to have such a great kid and a great husband to appreciate me!

No comments: