Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coupon it up, baby!

Yes, I am back! I know, I was gone for so long and this blog sat all sad and un-updated for almost a month! A lot has happened in the last month...most notably, Austin was sick for almost two weeks! I just didn't feel like blogging or I was not on the computer that much or something. But here I am, and I'm going to try to get back in the habit of blogging again!

Today's blog is about my awesome coupon deal at Walgreens today! Cecilia and I went over our lunch break and cleaned them out of diapers!

Here's are the details of the deal
Right now, Huggies are on sale at Walgreens for $10 for a jumbo pack. You can also print out coupons for $3 and $5 off certain types of Huggies. Walgreens is also giving out a $10 Register Reward coupon (which can be used like cash at your next trip) for buying at least $25 of specific Huggies products this week. With all of these factors, you can't lose!

Here's what I did
In each of 5 separate transactions (yes, I stood there and did this 5 times in a row! The lady was pissy about it, too!), I bought:
  • 2 packs of Huggies diapers for $10 each = $20
  • 1 pack of Huggies wipes for $6 each = $6
I bought a few other items that had either Register Rewards associated with them or a rebate for the full amount, so I basically got these other things for free, or close to it.

My total with the sale prices and tax (before coupons) would have been $150.66.
  • I used $59 in diaper/wipes coupons (I know, crazy!)
  • I earned $50 in Register Rewards from the diapers/wipes to use later at Walgreens
  • I earned $4 in Register Rewards from deoderant I bought to use later at Walgreens (got 2 deoderants for $0.99 each after RRs for Nick)
  • I will get back $6.59 in rebates from buying some shampoo for Nick (free!)
  • I used $10.99 that I had on a Walgreens gift card to pay for part of one order
  • I used $5.96 that I had on my W card (free money for buying Walgreens brand items) to pay for part of one order
After all is said and done, all coupons cashed in, all rebates earned, and all gift cards redeemed, I will have technically only paid $14.12 for the following:
  • 10 jumbo packages of Huggies diapers
  • 5 huge packs of Huggies wipes (the refill packs)
  • 2 Right Guard deoderants
  • 1 Axe shampoo/body wash combo
I love playing this game! And yes, I was more than prepared to deal with the sighs and rudeness of our cashier who tried to tell us that we couldn't do our deals this way for one reason or another. Whatever, lady, just scan my items and coupons and we'll see how it turns out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go! the coupons are there and that woman was upset that she wasn't getting the deals...which she certainly could if she paid attention.