Lately, when it comes time to wake Austin up in the morning, I feel like I'm getting a glimpse into the future. Whereas he used to get right up when Nick or I would go in to get him, we're being met with some pretty strong resistance these days! Austin has been sleeping with a pillow and a couple of blankets for a while now, and because of these he stays mostly in one spot in the bed now. When I go in to his room in the morning, more often than not, he will pull the covers up over his head (without opening his eyes) and say, "No, Mommy! I seepin'!! I wanna seep!" I thought I had more time until we got to the really grumpy morning times. I didn't realize that overnight, Austin morphs into a grouchy teenager!
Sometimes this is accompanied by some whining and crying, too, which usually only lasts until he notices that I've taken him in to snuggle with Nick and watch Little Einsteins while eating his pancakes ("cay-cakes", a step up from the original "tee-tees" pronunciation!). "Nuggling" with Daddy and "cay-cakes" and "Ein-tines!" makes getting up in the morning a little bit easier!
No comments:
Post a Comment